Friday, June 02, 2006

Something to bitch about...

* I hate Ticketek. Their only purpose in existing is to sell overpriced tickets to poor suckers like me and do you think they can manage this simple task? Shit NO! If more than two unlucky people log onto their shithouse website at any one time the whole thing melts down. My sister and I both spent ONE and A HALF HOURS!!! today trying to get some Robbie Williams tickets at the pre-sale. By time I actually got onto a screen which didn't say "try again" there were only single seats available in the Gold Reserved section. I mean really! How many tickets did they release - 10?! So now I have to go through all this shit again next week when the "proper" ticket sale starts on Monday. I am quite certain he'll announce a second show and the sane part of me thinks I should hold off for that one but the looney, manic part of me thinks "don't risk it, crappy tickets at this concert are better than no tickets at the potentially non-existant second concert". What's a half mad RW fan to do??!!

* Now that much loathed demonical Michael has left Big Brother my roving eye has fallen upon Jamie as the next in line for my wrath. While he is not annoying in the same was as Michael was he has a few characteristics which are really ticking me off:
a) The headband. Just stop it. NOW.
b) The pants. What? Why? If you haven't seen him then picture the baggiest pants ever made worn at way below hip level, let's say below buttock level - how they actually hang onto his body defies the imagination. All I know is that we see his underpants constantly and I wish we didn't have to.
c) That deer in the headlights look he favours. It's really not flattering, mate. I know how much you hate those unintelligence people so it's only fair to warn you that you look just like one of THEM.

* With a rare dip into the political pool I must say "YIPEE" for the cancellation of the sale of the Snowy River Hydro Electrical Scheme. It was a friggin' dumb-arse idea to start with (thank you NSW Labor government, you have a million of them) but I'm very happy that some sanity has prevailed and that an amazing and proud national symbol will remain in public hands. It'll be interesting to watch the political circus which will follow during the next few weeks and I can only hope it will play some role in the demise of Morris Iemma and his cronnies at the next state election.

No comments: