Sunday, January 20, 2008

Talk about when worlds collide. What the hell does this mean?

Ben Lee to marry Ione Skye

Ione Skye has mythical status in my life. Not only did this woman play Diane Court in Say Anything (my all time, head and shoulders above all else, favourite movie); a character I both love, envy and admire (smart, gorgeous and ends happily ever after with Lloyd Dobler/John Cusack) but at the time of making this fantastic film she was dating (nudge nudge wink wink) Anthony Keidis in the very early days of the Chili Peppers.

I mean, if I died and was reincarnated, I could not imagine coming back as anyone better than Ione Skye circa 1988-1990.

Sure her career hasn't hit any highs following from 1989 (when she not only made Say Anything but also the very wonderful The Rachel Papers) and she did marry one of the Beastie Boys (who cares which one) and that didn't end well, but I'd still be her in a heartbeat.

So here she is at the age of 36 marrying 29 year old Ben Lee whose music I love and who went to school with my baby sister.

Go figure.

No comments: