Saturday, September 23, 2006

Sometimes when I'm feeling super brain dead I like to sit here at my laptop and just hit the "Next Blog" button. It takes me to many weird and wonderful places and very very occasionally I hit upon something cool; a blog I can add to my favourites and check upon now and then.

Recently I have noticed that some blogs have a little banner at the top stating "Make Poverty History". What a bloody good idea I think. Thank you Bono, thank you Bob Geldof.

Then I think. Well. Um. How?

Will adding a "Make Poverty History" banner to my blog make poverty history? Wouldn't that we fantastic?

Aren't motherhood statements cool? They are so friggin' meaningless but they make us feel all warm and fuzzy. See? I can put a funky little banner on my blog and I can feel good about myself. It's really bloody great. I don't actually have to do anything useful for the world. Some little thing like donate money to charity, cook a meal for poor people or even for a sick friend, actually help someone in need in a practical and real way.

Maybe I can even put a "Not happy, John" sticker on my car to really show everyone I mean business. Take that. Now you know what I'm all about - I don't like John Howard or poverty! See how helpful I am to society? I'm so good I can't stand myself.

I'm tired.

2 comments:

Julia said...

How above found your blog - I would love to know!

I love the tips on her blog: "Don't flush the toilet for every urination - flush after ten or twelve wees." Why not every 12-14 wees? 14-16? What happens if there's a no.2 in between those 1-12 wees? Oh please enlighten me!

Sarah said...

I love the tip about eating more fruit so you have to drink less water.

Because NONE of that fruit is irrigated using water from the oh-so-environmentally-friendly Murray irrigated areas.