Saturday, December 23, 2006

Tonight we're off to Perth for Christmas with J's side of the family. Then a week in Broome for a nuclear family holiday - just the four of us.

It's been a surreal week. My Grandma Ada, my mum's mum, died on Tuesday. She was 94. I hope that she's finally resting in peace. If there is any sort of after-life I hope she finds some happiness there because she certainly didn't have any in this life.

I'm not feeling all that Christmas-y right now. Hopefully tomorrow morning I'll feel a bit less exhausted and wired.

I'll just take this opportunity to wish all of you out there, known and unknown, a happy non-denominational Festive Season and may 2007 bring you whatever you're wishing for (at the very least some love, some happiness and a few really good meals).

2 comments:

Kath Lockett said...

And the very same wishes to you, DKG - sorry to hear about your Grandma; my Grandpa died in January at age 93.

Here's hoping the nuclear week in Broome will give you the rest, recreation, food, fun and laughs you need.

MillyMoo

Anonymous said...

DKG - Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Enjoy the holiday and the warm weather. Baby, it's cold and snowy over here!