Monday, December 17, 2007

Well, it's official.

I am the Worst Mother In The World!

This morning I forgot to strap Marianna into her baby seat. A few hundred metres down the road I had to brake reasonably hardly and she slid off her seat and luckily onto the cushy pile of crap I had wedged behind my seat - a large bag of Christmas presents I was taking to mail and two bags of work uniform pieces I've been meaning to drop of at the embroidery company.

The poor little thing cried and cried. She wasn't hurt but she did get a big fright.

Will said "that really freaked me out, mummy".

I felt lower than a pregnant snail. Believe me, my parenting confidence doesn't need to get any lower.

3 comments:

Kath Lockett said...

Oh DKG you poor thing! You are NOT the worst mother in the world, just a busy one who isn't perfect, has lots on her plate and is just human. Please don't kick yourself about it - M is OK, W got a bit of a shock and luckily everything was fine. They would both be able to clearly see that you made a (very rare!) mistake and that Mummy sometimes needs THEIR help to remember everything! Stay cool my friend....

Sarah said...

nah...my mum already won that award a hundred times over.

You can be the second worst mother in the world! ;-)

Jules said...

Yes, stay cool, don't be so hard on yourself. Deep breath, you are a fantastic mum x