Monday, June 12, 2006

Too funny! After last night's Big Brother episode which saw Danielle evicted, Jamie was shown discussing this event with his co-nominee for the Nobel Prize for Intellectual Endeavour, Katie. He lamented that he was surprised at Danielle's departure because he thought that people on the "outside" would be more interested in watching the fun, hip, young people [I'm paraphrasing here, but pretty closely]. He was genuinely surprised that neither Rob nor Camilla (representing the old, unhip crowd) were evicted.

What the...? I've got news for you Einstein. Not all BB viewers are 12 year old girls. Some BB viewers are 38 year old women who should know better... and we aren't all that interested in watching anorexic 19 year old morons talking about nothing in particular (the question arises: why watch BB? Good question!). Jamie, maaate, if you represent young and hip, give me old and boring any day. Take a good, hard look at yourself... sorry, you do that on a way too regular basis already. Maybe stop taking looks at yourself in every available mirror and realise that being buffed is no key for success in life (unless The Hoff is your inspiration).

As a cherry on the Jamie and Katie cake they have both been nominated tonight... how sweet it is. Put that in your clay pipe and smoke it, oh, hip, young masters of the universe. Inspired by the success of my two votes to save Rob last week ($1.10 well spent) I think some votes may need to be sent by way of Jamie this week. I can't believe I'm contemplating doing this (but last week I briefly considered taping Family Fued, so my mental health is a serious and compelling issue, I must admit).

No comments: