Friday, August 10, 2007

The other week, on Vega's Vinyl Thursday, the winning song was The Jam's That's Entertainment.

Fuck, that song took me back. So many emotions all rolled into one brilliant little song. Mainly I was taken back to my deep and all-encompassing feelings of love/lust for Mr Paul Weller. What a bloody amazing song-writer he was/is. Not to mention what a hot skinny little dude he was. Not really my type in theory... but still...

At the Style Council concert at the horrid Hordern Pavillion in 1984 (?) I stood on a milk crate in the front row and touched his sweaty t-shirt as he sang his heart out right there on the stage in front of me. A moment I will never, ever forget.

Why do certain times in your life, and the music which represents them, haunt you forever?

No comments: