Thursday, June 17, 2010

I want Meat

Last week I bought tickets for the upcoming Blondie and The Pretenders double bill at A Day on the Green. We saw Blondie a few years ago and she (and the band) still rocked in a very big way. I'm hoping Chrissie Hynde still has it too.

This is a concert I'm really looking forward to, most of all because we can take the kids (for free!). I love introducing them to "our" music. They have it on their iPods and taking them to a concert is an extra special thrill. They are still at an age when they enjoy music for what it is, without the "theirs" and "ours" attitude.

The next day I was listening to a radio special on Meatloaf's Bat Out Of Hell, a classic by any standard I would think (though I understand that there are those who think it's schlocky rubbish - bah humbug to you, I say).

Then it hit me: how amazing would it be to see Meatloaf performing the entire album at A Day on the Green. Pumping out those huge songs under a starry sky. I hope there's a promoter working on it right now...

On a hot summer night would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?

FUCK YEAH!

1 comment:

Kath Lockett said...

You do realise, with a header like that, that you're likely to attract a rather different kind of reader?? :)

I'll let you have 'MEAT' if you let me embrace my inner (and outer) dag by visiting ABBA world when it opens in Melbourne later this month.