Thursday, June 17, 2010

Travelling North (and South)

We've just returned from a pleasant long weekend in Melbourne visiting Big Jay's brother T and his wife A and their little fellow A.

We drove down, the first time in a long time, and it was good. Luckily Big Jay likes the long distance driving (whereas I DO NOT) which leaves me ample time to read on my Kindle. (I've just finished The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro and The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley, both of which will hopefully get an entry of their own sooner rather than later.)

Gundagai was our mid-way overnight stopover in both directions. Small towns make my skin crawl. I can do one night but the idea of living somewhere like that makes me feel ill. I've probably mentioned that I have a medical condition which means I have to live within a 15 minute drive of a Myer and/or a Westfield at all times. We passed a town which had a population of 150 - that's ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY PEOPLE. Our apartment block would have more than 150 people living in it. I can't imagine a whole town that small. It scares me that such places exist and, worse still, that some people want to live in them. Why?!

Anyway, enough about my mental health problems. Our visit in Melbourne was very nice. Low key and enjoyable. I got to spend time with my sister-in-law A who is a very classy lady. She epitomises what I consider good fashion sense and style. She always looks damned fabulous. She has the sort of petite figure which looks good in just about anything and she makes the most of it by wearing very stylish gear. She knows her brands and she knows how to put an outfit together. Every time I see her I know I'm going to get a little visual treat.

Nothing notable happened but here are a few picture momentos (I love the Hipstamatic app on my iPhone).































1 comment:

Kath Lockett said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time in Melbourne.

Being a country girl, I can kind of see the attraction of living in a small town.... but only if I had access to high quality organic produce, decent coffee, hilarious friends and a lovely house with fully functioning wireless internet.

Oh and a helicopter to fly me to my city apartment when I needed it!