Friday, August 13, 2010

Shit or vomit?

Would madam like a shit sandwich or a vomit pie for lunch on Saturday 21 August?

That's basically our political choices when we face the federal election next week.

I have felt like we've literally been drowning in a sea of piss weak political bollocks these last few weeks and there is no respite in the foreseeable future.

Today we received a brochure from The Climate Sceptics Party in our letterbox at the office and I jumped around like a lunatic shouting "yippee". A tiny voice of reason amongst the white noise of political nonsense. I know they don't have a hope in hell but at least there are people out there trying and I salute them.

The alternative is Mr and Ms Bland with their equally bland and pathetic so-called policies. Shuffling our money from here to there, making policy statements which amount to a whole load of bullshit because there is a more than equal chance they will never see the light of day anyway. A hospital for you, a rail network for you, some token cash for you disability groups... now run along and vote for us but at the end of the day we'll move that money sideways after the election and forget all about you until the next one.

One of the many "policies" which drive me wild is this "stop the boats" crap. I see red whenever that pops onto the teev. Why is all the focus on these poor boat people? Why doesn't anyone talk about the real illegal immigration problems with people coming from the UK and NZ and Europe and Asia by plane and simply outstaying their holiday or student visas? Do you ever hear anyone mention that aspect of illegal immigration? No, it's all "boat people" this and "stop the boats" that. As if that's really the biggest problem this country has anyway! Sheesh! What a smokescreen and a pile of populist rubbish.

As always I start to rant and rave and froth at the mouth in a most unbecoming manner when I start thinking about politics. So I better just stop now and have a cup of tea and a lay down in a quiet room.

4 comments:

Kath Lockett said...

This may piss you off even further DKG, but it's GREENS for me all the way this time, baby!

Fiona said...

I am so glad I took my name off the electoral roll.

Sarah said...

why would you vote for the Greens? thats just a vote for Labor regardless of what Mr Bob - We're Not a Preference Machine - Brown would like you to think.

Big Pissy said...

I can't say a thing.

The U.S. is so screwed up right now it's embarrassing...