Monday, November 15, 2010

Unmasked

Last night, Marianna was laying in our bed and we were both dozing off after a fun but tiring weekend. Suddenly she said to me "mum, you are like a pretend human". I was so stunned I had to ask her to repeat what she'd said. Then I just stared at her in amazement. She couldn't explain herself when I asked what she meant.

How does she know I'm just pretending to be a human? The scientists on my planet assured me this human disguise was 100% natural and would never be detected. Fools.

It's sort of funny but somehow too close to the bone.

5 comments:

Kath Lockett said...

Aren't we all?

Sapphire's had a tough time at school all term with an ex-friend who seems to have upped the passive aggressive bullying. We talked at length about how so many of us have fake facades to get through school, uni, work, life and how home is often our only haven.

That and the fact, unknown to Sapphire, that I've contacted the principal about the ex-friend and requested that she not be in the same class next year.

deepkickgirl said...

Kath: I'm so sorry Sapph is still having problems at school with so-called friends. Kids can be amazingly mean to each other. She's such a wonderful girl and I hope she can be happy at school despite these problems.

Fiona: If only! How much would I love to be from Transylvania, Transexual?!

Jules said...

I think she said something similar to me!

Jules said...

I'm definitely a pretend human. A very male, existential female.

Jules said...

...who loves shoes.