Friday, July 22, 2005

Nothing exciting to report. It's Friday and I'm feeling like I've caught up on a fair bit of work (which is a relief... around this time of the year I always feel like I've "missed something" and the piles of paperwork really scare me... but enough about my tax related anxieties).

It's been a fairly quiet week. I've got back on my walking machine (4 x 1/2 hour sessions this week) so I'm feeling like the blood is pumping again. Moving it into the spare room was a great decision. Now I can go in there, close the door and put the tv on loud (so I can hear it over the annoying squeaking noise the walker makes) and do a good half hour without being disturbed or disturbing anyone else.

We finally got some guys in to fix our tv reception. That was a wise investment. We've been "suffering" from poor reception for a very long time but it just never seemed a good time to spend the money. Well, I had enough the other day and rang one of those tv antenna companies and two young men turned up yesterday morning. Now we have a brand new, digital ready (??) antenna and a box which allows us to watch our Foxtel tv through all the tvs in the house. It's cool! Also the nice young men tuned in our super-duper-need-a-university-degree-to-figure-out-how-the-hell-to-use-the-damn-thing DVD/VCR recorder/player. Now we can tape the Swans' game on Sunday while we're enjoying our lunch at The Summit for Jay's birthday. Life is good!

A cute Will story: Last night Will came into our room about 2:00 am. We are prepared for this and have a little child's sofa bed made up every night next to our bed. Generally he comes in to our room at night about 50% of the time. He has his own little bed and just climbs in and goes to sleep - everyone's happy. Lately he's been a bit "scared" of this and that so he's been wanting to sleep in our bed which we discourage as much as possible. Anyway, last night he lays down in his little bed. After five minutes he says "Mum, I'm scared." I say "Why?". He says "Because of the monsters." I say "There are no monsters, sweetie, go back to sleep." After another five minutes he says "Mum, I'm scared." I saw "Why?" He says "Because someone's coming." I say "There's no-one coming, sweetie, go back to sleep." Another five minutes "Mum, can you tell dad to go sleep in my room and then I can sleep on his pillow?" That cracked me (and cracked me up). Poor Jason was relegated to Will's bed and the little monkey was peacefully sleeping on "dad's pillow" within a few minutes. If only I could be a tough parent like on "Supernanny".

Well, time for lunch. Speaking of lunch, it's big Jay's 36th birthday next Tuesday and we're in for a week's worth of celebrating. Yum yum - I do love eating out... and eating in... well, generally just eating. Better keep getting on that walking machine or I'll need to be booking two seats for myself on that plane to Colombia.

No comments: