Friday, February 23, 2007

The Good Shepherd raised more questions than it answered:

* Why does Matt Damon's smile still make me a little wobbly in the tummy? Still as bad after all these years as when my world first moved an inch to the right upon seeing Good Will Hunting.

* Why put someone like Angelina Jolie in such a piss-weak role?

* If everyone is getting old (Robert De Niro, Joe Pesci, William Hurt) does it mean I'M GETTING OLD?

* Why do people make almost three hour long movies? Say what you have to say and get on with your life, I saw. Self indulgence is not an attractive quality in a director (sorry Robert). It's only a good quality in bloggers.

* Why do people choose to enter the spy/espionage/politics game? What is the attraction? What does it mean? Why does anyone bother? I sat through this film understanding the words but totally missing the point, the motivation, the meaning. Please explain.

No comments: