Thursday, February 01, 2007

A belated, though extremely important, public service announcement!

A History of Violence is the worst movie ever made. Well, maybe not the worst, but definitely in the top (or should that be bottom?) five. Right alongside Two If By Sea and What Dreams May Come.

I'm just telling you for your own good. Just so you don't waste around two hours of your life which you will never, ever get back. Learn from my mistakes, I'm begging you.

Everything about it sucks. Possibly they started with a good idea and then, somehow, it all came apart. The script is laughable, the acting one dimensional. It really doesn't have a redeemable feature. Even Viggo couldn't save it for me. I can only imagine some very large favours were called in to get Ed Harris and William Hurt involved with this stinker.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

1 comment:

Kath Lockett said...

Hmmm, I will avoid them like the plague.... We watched "Withnail and I" on DVD last night - quite hilarious in some parts and very puzzling in others - perhaps you have to be off your face in order to 'get' it...?