Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Well here we are. It's 1:00 pm on New Year's Eve and we're packing to head off for our big one night camping adventure on Cockatoo Island to see the fireworks. Apart from the camping bit I'm looking forward to it. It has always been a dream to see the wonderful Sydney NYE fireworks up close and personal.

As always it's unbelievable that another year has flown by. I was just reading Heather's thoughts on Dooce.com which made me think how rarely I have time to reflect on my own life... apart from through this blog of course. Life is just too fast and I am grateful that at least I make the time ocassionally to write my musings on life through this little folly.

So let me take a moment to wish all my readers (yes, all three of you!) a happy New Year and all the very best for 2009. May you survive this "credit crunch" [sheesh] with your finances and your sanity intact and may next year bring a little more of what you're wishing for.

I love reading comments, so if you're a regular reader but not much of a comment writer please take a moment here and there to leave one. I really get a thrill from reading them.

Our fellow campers have arrived so better run.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

6 comments:

La Femme said...

Happy New Year.

Your blog is great, and I love reading it.

Have a great time.

La Viajera Insaciable said...

I'm one of your 3+ readers! Have been happily reading your blog for a few years now! Best wishes to you and yours in the new year!

Rebecca from Oregon
Mom to 2 Colombianitas bonitias

Kath Lockett said...

And Happy New Year to you and yours too!

Lalitha said...

I have been reading your blog for the last 18 months for so. I am a Sydney expat in NYC for the last 4 years - I miss Sydney a lot! Your site to give me a dose of what it would be like if I was still living there. I have two boys both thru domestic adoption in our journey we had met with Ricky and seriously considered ACC - still on some of their mailing lists !

Claire said...

Happy New Year to you too! Can't wait to hear how the camping expedition went! Looking forward to reading more of your musings on life in 2009.
Claire
XX

Carina said...

Hi Kathy,
I rarely comment or email but I still catch up on you guys through your blog (marked in my favourites)
& also for a chuckle. So there are more than 3 of us out there. I've just had to do some kind of resetting to post this comment so I now can post comments.
Wishing you all the best for 2009 * hope you are enjoying the holiday season.
Carina
ps- I've been meaning to send your princess a little headband we got from Medellin but I've lost your address. Can you please email it to me. Thanks