Thursday, February 05, 2009

I think it had something to do with Obama's recent inauguration that Democracy [is coming... to the USA] was such a standout song at Leonard Cohen's concert on Sunday night. There was such a vibe about the song and throughout the crowd.

There is something about Obama which encourages hope, even in a dried up old cynic like me. Hope is wonderful but when it comes from politicians it is also pointless. It will only lead to tears and bitter disappointment.

I so want to hope that something better [define and discuss] is possible but I just know it's only a matter of time before he is caught selling arms to Iran or in bed with a Brazillian transvestite prostitute and a goat.

1 comment:

Kath Lockett said...

...yeah well I'd even buy a copy of No Idea magazine if that *last* image you mentioned was ever caught by the papparazzi.