Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I can die very very happy. Last night at the Red Hot Chili Peppers' concert they played I could have lied in their encore set. For me this is the Holy Grail of live Chili Peppers' songs. I've never heard it played live at any of the other four concerts I've been to over the past 16 years. This song tears my heart out and live it is pure magic - a real moment in time.

Apart from that gift from the universe the concert was the best of theirs I've ever seen. Musically they were truly on fire. They really seem at their personal, creative and musical peak. There is something special happening there and it was beautiful to witness. However, it was the audience which really made it a night to remember. There was a vibe, a feeling, a something last night which was awesome. Everyone was on their feet and into it from the first milisecond to the last.

The Blood Sugar Sex Magik concert in 1991 was memorable for being so pathetic (audience wise). The crowd virtually sat with their arms folded for the entire show, excpet for a brief moment when Under The Bridge was performed and everyone sang along, then sat down again. Weird.

The By The Way concert at Aussie Stadium was memorable for all the wrong reasons. We sat in the most horrible position, in the first little seating elevation. You couldn't see a bloody thing. The girls in front of us stood up, so we stood up and the people behind us were shouting for us to sit down. So the whole concert was spent bickering with people about sitting/standing. Fuck! I actually have no memory of the concert itself.

A very memorable part of last night was the support band. As we were going through the tunnel to our seats I whispered to my sister "I think there's a naked dwarf on stage". I was close. It was HarMar Superstar. Now I do admit to being somewhat put off by this [only] underwear wearing, pouchy little man skipping around the stage like a man possessed. But the music is really bloody good. I'm a bit hooked. Check him out.

Anyway, great night. Still floating. Some pics:







































1 comment:

Ms. Mamma said...

Awesome. AK is rocking the Little Dutch Boy skate punk coif. Interesting...