Sunday, April 01, 2007

Went to see Running with Scissors today. I was apprehensive because I love the book and Augusten Burroughs SO MUCH and because reviews have been on the negative side. I was terrified it would be bad and suspected that it might be; it would be difficult making such a strange and complex story into a coherent film.

The critics must be fucked up or not have read the book. I loved the film; it really did the book justice. Every actor put in a beautiful performance. Annette Bening was truly wonderful (it reminded me of The Grifters, one of the all-time great films and how fabulous and sexy she was in that film). I also thought Jill Clayburgh as Agnes was just perfect and Joseph Fiennes (the better looking, less disgusting Fiennes brother) was just right as Bookman. Only Gwyneth was unnecessary (why does a 35 year old need to play a girl of 19 or 20?).

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I wish Augusten Burroughs was my gay boyfriend!

No comments: