Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I used to listen to the youth station Triple J but these days, having well and truly become an old[er] person, I find the music incomprehesible rubbish and the talk... well, more incomprehesible rubbish. Which is why the non-denominational mystical entity in the sky must have been looking down upon me when I was driving to work last week and pressed the Triple J preset for a second. What was playing? The gorgeous Regina Spektor ofcourse. So I stopped by to listen and was rewarded by news of her upcoming concert tour of Oz in July.

The pre-sale started that very morning and very soon after I was the proud owner of 2 Regina Spektor tix for 11 July. Happy happy joy joy! Can't wait to hear her sweet voice live and in person in only a few short weeks (how refreshing for concert tix to go on sale only a month before a show, mostly I buy tickets 6, 7, 9 months in advance - the promotor hangs onto my hard-earned and I live in danger of loosing tickets which must hang on my fridge for months on end).

I never loved nobody fully
Always one foot on the ground
And by protecting my heart truly
I got lost in the sounds
I hear in my mind
All of these voices
I hear in my mind all these words
I hear in my mind all this music

And it breaks my heart

No comments: