Saturday, July 05, 2008

I subscribe to the Gleebooks weekly email which tells me what events they have coming up. Very occassionally something great comes along, e.g. Ian Rankin talking about the last Inspector Rebus book.

Each week I trawl through the book readings and author evenings and approx. 98% of them are hard-line lefty bollocks and global warming shite. So it serves me right for deleting last week's email without evening glancing at it.

When I finally read this week's update I found that only a few tickets were left for AUGUSTEN BURROUGHS and DAVID SEDARIS.

What. The. Fuck?

Two of my very favourite (gay American) authors talking about their new books within two weeks of each other in August. So I rang early Friday morning and managed to nab two tickets to each event.

Happy happy joy joy!

Any fans out there want to join me?

3 comments:

Kath Lockett said...

You lucky lucky lucky thing! I just read (and wrote a glowing review for) David Sedaris' latest collection of stories, "When you are engulfed in flames". There were bits of brilliance in there that had me not just snorting out loud, but laughing. Endlessly. In public. Oh to have even 2% of his wit!

Jules said...

ME!!!! I haven't really gotten into David, but have you read Augusten's latest? That will be so good! Can't wait to hear all about it x

Unknown said...

HI Kath, I've been reading your blog for ages but have yet to leave a comment - I found you through your lovely sister's blog. I am probably a bit lefty for your taste - but I think your writing, and you, are bloody fantastic!