Monday, July 14, 2008

Over three years ago I came upon a curious thing called a BLOG. It belonged to my cyber friend Julie who was emerging from an infertility saga (which I could relate to) and moving into an adoption from Guatemala saga (which I could also relate to). I loved her writing style and her wonderful sense of humour. Her blog was a joy to read and it made me think I could write something similar. Thus Deep Kick Girl was born.

I haven't been checking Julie's blog lately because she had stopped writing for sometime and I sort of started forgetting to check in. For some reason last night I checked back in and I'm so glad (and sad) that I did. She talked about the death of Andrea Collins-Smith the woman behind Punk Rock Mommy. It is worth reading just for her final entry, written from her death bed. It is one of the saddest, most beautiful, moving and uplifting things I have ever read.

Please take a moment if you can.

No comments: