Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Vicky Christina Barcelona.

Now that's almost two hours of my life I'll never get back. Have you noticed that this is a very common comment on my part when discussing movies lately?

To say I was disappointed would be the understatement of the year (so far). After really enjoying Scoop a couple of years ago I was so looking forward to Woody's latest offering. On paper it had everything going for it but the reality was just ... nothing.

The annoying narrator was driving my sister crazy but I nodded solemnly, nursing my suspicion that there was a point to the annoying narrator; that there was a purpose and that we would be richly rewarded at the end for putting up with his boring droning. I was wrong, so wrong. There was no reward, no payback, nothing, zip, zilch. There was just the END and absolutely no explanation as to what was THE FUCKING POINT!

1 comment:

La Viajera Insaciable said...

Damn. I'd been looking forward to seeing VCB but now I'm not in such a hurry...

Besides your movie critique, I was particularly interested in this post because it sounds like your sister is back in Australia. I've really missed reading her blog. Urge her to update so lurkers like me can keep up with her latest adventures!