Wednesday, February 24, 2010

For those about to rock...

... we can smell you!

Holy mother of god. What a night. Imagine being at a gym with 60,000 hot, sweaty people. The air thick with humidity and BO.

That was Monday night at ANZ Stadium at the AC/DC concert.

I'm not sure what I was expecting but I think the sheer physical discomfort of the heat and the awful suffocating smell probably made me more critical than I may otherwise have been.

Strangely I couldn't really get into the breast flashing which is (apparently) the tradition during She's Got The Jack. I didn't enjoy Angus Young's recipracol striptese; he is, after all, the Mr Bean of rock'n'roll. Call me fussy but I don't get my jollys from watching an almost 60 year old skinny unattractive bloke taking it off. Do us all a favour and put it back on and throw in a paper bag over the head while you're at it, buddy.

Furthermore I hate solos: guitar solos, drum solos, any sort of solos. So Angus' 20+ minute guitar wank didn't ring my bell. I found it quite sickening actually. Shut up already.

The highlight for me was She Shook Me All Night Long, which I think is sexy piece of raunch rock, that's for sure. The lack of It's A Long Way To Shop If You Want A Sausage Roll was a huge disappointment.

Anyway, I'm glad I went. I can tick ACCADACCA of my list of bands to see and go to my grave having no desire to ever see them again.

In a week of musical extremes we have George Michael on Friday night. Don't forget to wake me up before you go go...

2 comments:

Jules said...

I feel like a sausage roll now.

Kath Lockett said...

From Accadacca to George Michael - sheesh!

I remember seeing Angus being interviewed for a tv doco on the rise of rock music a couple of years ago. He was so drug f**ked that when LC walked in partway through the interview, he thought it was a program about how retarded adults can enjoy music!!!