Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Deuce Bigalow, European Gigolo...

Despite myself I enjoyed the first Deuce Bigalow installment. Perhaps it was because it was on the small screen and Rob Schneider should only ever be viewed on a small screen. Perhaps I was caught out at a weak moment. Either way I never once considered the necessity for another visit to Deuceland.

Nevertheless last night I found myself at our local Great Union, popcorn and frozen coke in hand, taking a little European vacation with good old Deuce. Just to shift some of the blame I have to say it was Jason's pick (I voted for Murderball, but Jay felt like something "lighter"). Well, you can't get anything intellectually lighter than Deuce... possibly a frontal lobotomy?!

Let's put it this way... there are only so many references to "man-whores" and "he-ginas" that a person intelligent enough to tie their own shoelaces can tolerate. While there was one vaguely funny scene involving an obnoxious French man, the film could not be redeemed after a scene featuring a woman who was sadly born with a penis for a nose (don't you hate when that happens!) and another woman with a tracheostomy (hole in the throat) having a slapstick accident... do I need to spell it out!

Don't follow in my tragic footsteps... just say "NO!"... or "NO friggin' way am I wasting my money on that brainless tripe!".

1 comment:

Kath Lockett said...

Don't worry, I will, but I will also admit that Duece Bigalow (the first one) is one of my guilty pleasures - especially when he's hanging from that upside thingy and smashes the fish tank.... I even went so far as to buy a copy of the DVD about a month ago when it was on sale at KMart for $7