Friday, September 30, 2005

I don't often use the word "awesome"... but...

THAT WAS F&*%ING AWESOME!

I've just returned to the office from taking Will into the city for the Sydney Swan's Parade. What an amazing day. I really wasn't expecting that many people but there were thousands, tens of thousands.

I don't know why I felt so good as I stood there amidst a sea of red and white, in the middle of the road on one of the busiest interesections (George and Druitt Streets) in the city. It was simply a beautiful feeling, standing there in the warm Sydney spring air, blue sky above, sun on my face, my husband and my gorgeous boy by my side. We cheered as we had never cheered before, clapping as each ute (how Oz is that?!) full of Swan's players went past. It was just such a wonderful, if somewhat ridiculous, emotional outpouring. It made me feel so great to be an Australian (well, I always feel proud of that) and especially a Sydney-sider. I actually experienced the proverbial swelling of the heart (with pride).

Here are a couple of pics which were the essence of today...





1 comment:

Kath Lockett said...

Hey hey hey, I hope you're not retiring your blog just 'cause the Swannies won? Or are you just recovering from your hangover?
K xo