Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I had a very Maggie (Extras) moment on Sunday afternoon. We had stopped at a men's shoe shoe near Pitt Street Mall on Sunday (after yum cha with mum and Jules). We had seen a nice pair of shoes in there on Friday morning when it was closed and wanted Jason to try them on. Problem was we couldn't remember what they looked like, all I remembered was that they were brown. The other problem was the very gorgeous black guy working in the shop. When he asked us what they looked like I started to say "they were ... [brown]" but couldn't get the last word out, suddenly becoming very conscious of any possible offence (how absolutely crazy!). At least I didn't mention a Gollydoll. I was so aware of it being a "Maggie" moment I almost started laughing hysterically. We managed to get out of the shop without looking like complete nutcases, but I'm sure he thought we were odd (good judge of character, I say).

No comments: