Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sometimes life gives you an unexpected little present, a moment so beautiful you understand then and there that it's all worth it.

I had such a moment on Friday night at the State Theatre at the Lou Reed Berlin concert. The concert itself was amazing, a pure gift of timeless songs performed by musicians who love their craft down to the marrow in their bones.




















The special moment came at the end, almost when it was all over. It was Antony's performance of Candy Says and it literally brought me to tears. His voice has all the feelings in the world in it, all the pain, the longing, the fear, the loneliness, the hope. When this gangly giant of a man/boy/woman opens his mouth a voice emerges which can only come from another world. It does not fit him and it does not fit the world as I know it. It is the epitome of beauty in its purest form and it breaks my heart into a thousand pieces. Whatever spirituality may be this is it for me.

A brief flicker of a brief moment in my life which I will forever treasure in my heart and thank the universe for allowing me the opportunity to witness it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture!