Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I've been reading Robbie Williams' biography Feel. It's fantastic, except it's causing me night time anxiety brought on by thoughts I shouldn't be thinking. It's so wrong and broken for a 38 year old married woman to be thinking what I've been thinking. Last night's dream... sheesh...

He's a funny guy. Before playing a show in Germany he said: "Tonight I'm going to sing "She's the Hun" and "We have ways of entertaining you"". Being a fan of the German joke I was easily amused.

It is interesting that he suffers from depression and is generally very anxious about performing. To see him on stage you would he think he was born for it.

His life is also a study of how paparazzi ruin celebrities' lives. I know they makes tonnes of money, blah blah, but surely no-one deserves to be hounded night and day, to have stories made up about them in the press, to have no privacy whatsoever. Can you imagine not being able to walk to the shops, to have dinner out with friends or family, to do any normal thing without a pack of photographers and mad fans stalking your every move? The letters he gets; the mad things fans yell at him; the sense of entitlement over him people have. 80,000 Valentine's Day cards one year when he was with Take That. Insanity!

No comments: