Friday, May 12, 2006

I'm off to have my evil twin surgically removed today. It's otherwise known as a dermoid cyst.

"Dermoid cyst of the ovary: A bizarre tumor, usually benign, in the ovary that typically contains a diversity of tissues including hair, teeth, bone, thyroid, etc. " (MedicineNet.com)

So cool. I wonder if it looks like me. Hope they save it in a jar and I can use it to scare the children when the opportunity presents itself.

I will be glad to have today over with. I'm not worried but just anxious to have it done and finished. I think it's the skipping lunch bit which has me irritated the most. We can fly men to the moon but can't make an anesthetic which doesn't require one to be starving at the time of administration. Come ON, medical science, what's going on here??!!

I'll also be glad to stop all the worried looks on the faces of my family and all the questioning about my anxiety levels (which are generally fine until the questions start). For god's sake - this is a MINOR procedure people, get a grip! It's not that I don't appreciate the concern it's just that it freaks me out and I find it highly unnecessary.

Anyway, I'll be watching Big Brother Friday Night Live from the "comfort" of my over-priced private hospital bed tonight (it'd be cheaper to have the operation at the Grand Hyatt). Next time I write I'll be a few hundred grams lighter (am I taking this diet thing a bit too seriously, do you think?).

No comments: