Sunday, May 21, 2006

Sunday night, quick weekend update.

Friday night... Big Brother Friday Night Live, my favourite. This week was Rock'n'Roll week. The best bit was when the two finalists had to finish band names with various props. There was a board on which part of a band was written and a table with props, they had to put the appropriate prop on the little shelf next to the name. Hilarious, especially when both boys (Dino and Gaelen) didn't know some pretty obvious ones (well, they were to me, a child of the 80s - White Snake, I mean, COME ON!). I am getting cranky that only boys have won so far. The physical aspect of most of the games do favour the boys, especially strong, ruthless ones (a noted fact is that David seems to "get out" very early on every week, piss weak or gentlemanly, you be the judge).

Another BB thought. So far (and I haven't seen much, so I'm prepared to turn if necessary) I quite like Rob, the gay-as hairdresser intruder, he of the arched eyebrows and hair extensions. Why do I like him? Not sure, but my gut feeling is that he is an 80s throwback. He is SO like some of the guys I used to know in my teens. Funny, extravagant, OTT in terms of style. He really presses a mysterious warm and fuzzy familiary button with me. Intersting to see his fate over the next few weeks. Normally intruders don't last long.

Saturday we spent pottering around the house and doing some shopping. Marianna now has her birthday party dress for next week (and at 25% off - who is the queen of sales, yep - you got it!). Late in the afternoon Will and Jay set off to watch the Swans' game at the SCG. After putting Marianna to bed I got my snacks and diet coke and I was set. What a game it was! I was prepared for anything after last week (what a tremendous win) and knowing that our opponents, Western Bulldogs, were also in top form and coming off a few straight wins. I couldn't have been prepared for the first fifteen minutes of the game 39-0 to the Swans. I was gob smacked and excited but the Bulldogs soon kicked a few goals and the game stabilised somewhat. However we only let them have a sniff of the lead a couple of times. Most of the game was all our way and we won with a decent (though not overly impressive) 26 point win. Good enough for me. I have to say it was a bloody entertaining game and our boys outdid themselves every minute of the game. It was so good to watch. I was sorry I didn't get to see it live but there are many more home games to look forward to this year.

Sunday we slept in and ran around like fools getting ready for the first party - Will's friend S's 5th birthday party. We had to fit in a haircut for Will beforehand so we were running behind the whole day. The magical themed party was fantastic, the family had gone to a lot of trouble with decorations, costumes, food and entertainment. It was a shame we had to leave early to get to my dad's girlfriend's daughter's 21st (did you get all that? there'll be a test later). That was a low key family affair which did involve much more food. We're SO back onto the CSIRO plan from tomorrow.

Well, Big Brother beckons. So goodnight and see you next week.

No comments: