Thursday, July 06, 2006

Look, I love Susan Sarandon as an actress. "Rocky Horror Picture Show"... perfect as Janet in the ultimate cult classic which is so close to my heart. "Bull Durham"... so memorable as Annie. "Dead Man Walking", "Thelma and Louise", "The Witches of Eastwick"... all personal favourites... amazing roles in amazing films.

But come on now! What the...? Hunger strike!!! Really people, have a good hard look at yourselves. Hollywood stars NOT eating! Who is going to take that seriously??!! Maybe Susan and dear deluded Sean should go on an EATING STRIKE. Now that would shake Hollywood to its foundations. I can see the headlines now "Stars eat a full meal... with carbs!" READ ALL ABOUT IT!

I fully respect (well, not really... but that's another story) celebrities of all denominations supporting their cause (whether I agree with it or not) but this is so silly. The caloric intake, which would be minimal on a good day, of movie stars does not effect the political goings on of this planet. If only it was so simple. Work with me here:

"Nicole Ritchie's eating disorder
restores peace in the middle east!"

"Lara Flynn Boyle single handedly
brings peace to the Sudan!"

"Calista Flockhart's hunger strike
means no further need for the United Nations.
World peace is here!"

Which brings me to my next point...

No comments: