Sunday, July 08, 2007

After yum cha we dropped our friends off to spend time with some of their other Sydney friends and headed off to look at some potential new furniture for the apartment.

We both have a fairly low tolerance level for looking at furniture. It starts off being fun but very quickly, with two pesky children in tow, it becomes a living nightmare.

Luckily our taste is quite similar and it didn't take all that long to choose a beautiful L-shaped leather lounge from Nick Scali. I honestly can't believe I will soon be the owner of a Nick Scali leather lounge. I used to scoff at people like I have become. Life is strange and very unpredictable.

It is also lucky we ordered it now because we have been told it will be a wait of 10-12 weeks.

We also found the most gorgeous dining table, coffee table, tv unit and two storage units called Ocean Road at Bay Republic Leather. It is a beautiful range and perfect for a waterfront apartment. I can't wait to see it all together.

We even found the carpet we like so the list of tasks to complete before we move in is getting shorter.

I just wish the constant anxiety based nausea I am experiencing would fuck off. It really is casting a shadow over the excitement and enjoyment I know I should be feeling.

1 comment:

Kath Lockett said...

Hi there DKG - we also had Yum Cha today and then trawled about the city buying various bits and pieces and were also talking about buying a leather lounge suite (after we do a bit of jazzing up of our place - stay tuned)
Who'd have thought such things would have been so exciting, say, back in 1984 when you were into punk and ska and I wanted to marry Pony Boy from 'The Outsiders'??