Sunday, July 15, 2007

Yesterday I took Will to see the new Harry Potter (and the Order of the Phoenix [for those recently living under a rock]). I really love the Harry Potter everything... the books and the films. The latest instalment is just one more to love.

I was worried it may be too scary for Will but he's a Harry Potter veteran and loved it all. No scary aftertaste to mention.

Not really much to review. You either love HP or not. For me it's pure entertainment, fun from start to finish. The Order of the Phoenix is a beautiful looking film, like those before it. The cast are perfect in their roles. I think they do a fair job of translating the book to the screen. Obviously it's impossible to do it perfectly, something will always be omitted or otherwise changed.

If I had to be picky I'd bring up the less than elegant editing which seemed to jump haphazardly on more than one occasion. If it was done on purpose I couldn't pick how it added to the film, I found it odd and distracting.

Bring on the Deathly Hollows.

1 comment:

Kath Lockett said...

Agree with you DKG about the editing - Cho Chang didn't get a look in at the end and Hagrid was virtually non-existent and god knows where that big giant half-brother of his went to...

...Like you, tho, we three are fans and think they do a great job of squeezing in as much as they can, and our young thing wasn't spooked at all (altho she did shed a tear when Sirius 'died').

One other minor thing - you'd think, after all these years that Harry's friends, school class mates and the powers-that-be would finally believe him now - didn't he get a hard enough time during the Goblet of fire?