Monday, July 23, 2007

I really need to clone myself just at the moment.

One Kathy to go about normal life: working, doing the household chores, chauffering the children about, etc, etc.

Another Kathy to do all the organising which our change of abodes entails. It wouldn't be so bad if each and every necessary phone call didn't mean a half hour session of on-hold.

I have also discovered the downside of being in the middle of an economic boom. Every service is full on busy - the carpet retailers, the blind manufacturers, even the removalists. Everyone is charging top shelf prices and availability is at a premium. I feel like I'm asking them all to do me a favour by selling us their goods and/or services and allowing us the honour of paying them our money. Strange times indeed.

2 comments:

Julia said...

It's a shame you have the painting sorted as I would be happy to do that job! :-)

Kath Lockett said...

TELL ME ABOUT IT - we had to sign a piece of paper with Harvey Norman Bathroom and Kitchen Design company (yes, a posher off-shoot from Mr Cheapo Crappo white goods) to say that we were interested in renovating our tiny little 1.6m by 2.1m bathroom for $20,000 and we still haven't got a quote for the job from them!

Even tho' there is only the one Kathy to go 'round, wait until you move in and enjoy the view and the lifestyle and you'll forget about the pre-move dramas