Friday, April 07, 2006

It's hard to believe less than two weeks ago I was being shipped to hospital in an ambulance in horrendous pain.

Today I am feeling on top of the world. I love my Fridays off work. It's really meant the difference between exhaustion and depression and retaining some equilibruium in my life. I am hugely thankful to my dad for helping to facilitate these Fridays by having Will stay at his place on Thursday nights, taking him to school on Friday and then bringing him home on Friday afternoon. It means I don't have to make the trek to the office (and Will's school) and back on Fridays - the whole day is mine and Marianna's and it's wonderful.

I am always busy on these "days off" but I'm busy at a more relaxed pace and I just don't feel the pressure I feel on the other days. My Fridays really are a lovely luxury which I intend to appreciate into the foreseeable future. I'm a lucky girl!

The pain which sent me to hospital a week and a half ago has been niggling on and off ever since but today I haven't felt the slightest twinge. I hope this is a good sign. I really do not want a repeat performance.

Tomorrow I am looking forward to a girlie day at Hornsby with my friends A, J and F. It has been some time since we've all caught up and it will be nice to enjoy a leisurely lunch and a potter around the shops together - is there anything better. I swear I would be happy if heaven turned out to be eternity spent having yum cha and shopping with my sister and/or girlfriends.

Sunday we're off to our first Swans' game for the year. After the humiliating womping we got at the hands of the much despised Essendon (what I wouldn't do to see Matthew Lloyd spontaneously combust!) last week I am hoping that the boys come out with all guns blazing and god help Port Adelaide. The logistics of seeing games at the dreaded SCG (Sydney Cricket Ground) generally suck. The parking situation is pathetic and the food at the ground isn't fit for Saddam Hussein let alone long suffering Swans' fans. So we're going early, planning to park in Paddington, have an early lunch at Mickey's and then enjoy the game on a sunny Autumn day, followed by an easy escape via Oxford Street. That's the plan... whether that pans out or not remains to be seen.

Go Swannies!

1 comment:

Kath Lockett said...

Go Swannies - kick PORT POWERS' pathetic little butts!