Monday, April 10, 2006

Quick catch up...

Saturday was great. I had already warmed myself up on the shopping front with the purchase of a beautiful evening top (simple black, low cut, with some gorgeous sparkly embroidery to give it a little evening glamour) at my friend M's shop on Friday afternoon. Saturday with the girls started off with a simple but enjoyable lunch at Toscani's at Hornsby. I enjoyed a monster Nachos which almost killed me (death by corn chips) and fun chat with my friends. The news is that my friend J is pregnant and her new baby will join the family in November, at almost the same time their daughter E turns 2. Very happy for them (though two under two doesn't appeal to me personally - I guess when you get to the late afternoon time zone on the biological clock time isn't a luxury you can muck around with).

I am still reeling from a horrible foot in mouth incident with my friend A. I break out into hot flushes every time I think about it... like now... and now. To be cryptic it involved a conversation about one of my favourite websites (www.thebestpageintheuniverse.com) and some t-shirts sold on aforementioned website. Enough said... these hot flushes are killing me!

After lunch we did some pottering around the shops which resulted in my purchasing:

* Series 1 and 2 of Scrubs (for those times I need to laugh until I damage an internal organ) - and at only $19.95 per series it's hard to knock back.

* A new wallet. Desperately needed; the old one was long due for retirement and had recently split the seam in the coin section resulting in a constant tinkle of coins whenever I used it.

* A pair of black "leisure wear" pants and pink on pink long sleeved top for those lounging round the house times. Wore them Saturday night, great investment.

* A pair of gorgeous black evening pants (to go with my newly acquired evening top). While they are gorgeous and [thank goodness] still a size 12 they highlighted a few contour issues with my thigh and bum region which need to be addressed.

* A new long sleeved, v-neck black T. I live in these for pretty much 9 months of the year and this one looks promising. It's from the Myer Petites range which caters for short stumpies like myself and I'm purchasing more and more from this range which seems to have nice styles (for not-quite-40s like myself), OK prices and good quality.

After a bucket of coffee at Starbucks we headed our seperate ways and I arrived home with a pleasantly heavy armful of shopping bags.

Pizza and Funniest Home Videos made for a fun family evening. Once the munchkins were asleep J and I watched the final two episodes of Six Feet Under, Series Four. Now we're all out of old episodes to watch. We've missed the first two episodes of the fifth and final series but I have a craving for more so I'll start taping the episodes this week. I really feel a gaping hole now. Over the last few months we've immersed ourselves in the lives of the Fisher family, their friends and [countless] lovers, their tragedies and their moments of joy. While at times I have been frustrated to the point of psychosis by their misadventures I miss them so much it hurts. I can't bear the thought that I don't have an infinite stack of discs to pop into the machine whenever I want to visit the Fishers and catch up on what they've been up to. The thought that there is only 12 more episodes left and no more after that is heartbreaking. I can live without more Nate, he can go f&*k himself (which I'm sure he'd do if he could find a way how) but I can't live without more David and Keith and without more Claire. Oh well, I always say it's best to kill these shows in their prime rather than have them suffer a horrible lingering death season after season after season ("Friends": exhibit A).

In case you weren't aware, there is something wrong with me. No, not that... or that... I can't stop checking http://www.celebrity-babies.com/ (otherwise known as Celebrity Baby Blog). It's jam packed full of useless, brain numbing crap about celebrities and their offspring; photos, gossip, general drivel. I know it is of absolutely no use to the human race but I can't help checking it everyday to learn things like "Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin welcome a son!" For someone who is endlessly busy and generally in need of an extra 8 hours every day just to get the basics done I seem to always find a few minutes here and there to see what the Vain and the Pointless and their progeny are up to. What sort of madness is this?

No comments: