Thursday, October 08, 2009

I'm giddy with excitement, happiness and a little sick at the thought of it.

Today I've bitten the bullet and purchased something I've been dreaming about for quite some time:




Yes, it's a KitchenAid Artisan in Almond Cream. A truly beautiful piece of kitchen machinery.
My crappy little hand held device (no, not that hand held device) has finally kicked the bucket and today an email arrived announcing a super special at my favourite online kitchen stuff store (www.evertenonline.com.au - if you need top quality kitchen gear at really good prices - no, I don't get a commission but I should). So I took it as a sign from, well, someone...
I've ordered it and with any luck it will be delivered tomorrow or Monday. Woohoo!
The bad news is the price, $649 on super special. Yes, that's a frightening amount of money for something which basically mixes things. But I'm looking at it from a few angles: it's an heirloom item; it should last until I'm of retirement age (at least the current retirement age, possibly not the new one); it's retro good looks will make it a gorgeous addition to my kitchen; it will make all those pavlova rolls I make for summer BBQs so much easier; it simply makes me happy.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Oh.

My.

God!

Now I don't need to buy my own! I'm going to come to yours and bake. And the cream is my favourite colour - well done!

shoegal said...

You'll get so much use out of it and it will probably outlive you. As you know I have one and LOVE LOVE LOVE it.