Thursday, October 15, 2009

Conversation with Marianna:

Me: "Marianna do you want lasagne for dinner?"

M: "NO!"

Me: "I can make you some eggs if you like."

M: "I want eggs!"

Me: "If you'd like me to cook you some eggs can you please say: "Mum, I'd like some eggs please." "

M: "Mum, I'd like eggs."

Me: "You need to say please. That's the polite thing to do."

M: "I can't."

Me: "You can't do what?"

M: "I can't say it." (Eyes welling up with tears.)

Me: "You can't say "please"?

M: Nods.

Me: "Why not?"

M: (Bursting into tears.) "Because it hurts my tongue."

Interesting. I think she must have the same condition as The Fonz. You know how he couldn't ever say "Sorry".

3 comments:

Kath Lockett said...

...maybe she should get a job with Kevin Rudd on dealing with asylum seekers? :)

Jules said...

Omgomgomgomg!!! I'm sitting here laughing my head off!!!

Mavir said...

Oh I'm laughing hysterically...she is a born star, no doubt about that, watch the space!!