Saturday, March 17, 2007

Birthday Update #2

After dropping off Will at school on Friday morning Marianna and I continued on to mum's and then on to WBJ for some Target shopping (Cars undies for Will, Dora undies for Marianna). Then we had a nice sushi lunch, coffee and I bought a stainless steel strainer to replace my dead el cheapo plastic one. Woohoo.

Friday night dear Jules came to babysit the bambinos and Big Jay and I gleefully set off for the movies. I had been hanging out to see Hot Fuzz for a couple of weeks now. Having been a big, though late to arrive, fan of Shaun of the Dead, I was super excited to see what the new offering from the same team would be like. We weren't disappointed. It was bloody hilarious. This is just the sort of comedy which appeals to me and I was in stitches the whole way through. As Molly would say "do yourself a favour"!

This morning Big Jay had to work, so he set off at 4:30 am (bummer!). I pottered around with the kids and Jules and then we picked up mum and headed for a couple of hours at Bronte Beach. It was overcast but gorgeous (mainly because there weren't many people there and we got an easy, free car park and a prime possie). I do love time at the beach, if it wasn't for the aforementioned [usually difficult] parking situation and the fucking SAND! I would make an effort to go more often. The afternoon was spent eating and hanging about at mum's waiting for Jay to return from work. It rained so our plan to take the kids to the park didn't pan out. Will and I just handballed the dog's red ball on the verandah until it landed in the neighbours' yard and we had to find different entertainment.

Finally Jay arrived back and we bought falafel for dinner (my birthday dinner choice). It was so yummy but I ate too much ... way too much. Don't even ask about the huge, gorgeous chocolate mousse cake Jules brought out afterwards. It wasn't pretty (no, the cake was... um, you know what I mean...). My zip and top button are undone as I type.

No comments: