Friday, March 16, 2007

It's 7:30 am on the morning of my 39th birthday.

So far the day has been underwhelming. Marianna has fallen off her little trampoline (no injury, much crying), refused to eat her breakfast and is being a stroppy 21 month old. Will has given me a sweet birthday kiss. They both gave me the gift of a full night's sleep.

At 5:00 am this morning Big Jay gave me (what I hope is only Part 1 of the gift cavalcade) The Making of Blood Sugar Sex Magik. A great book I'm sure but I was hoping for something a tad more substantial to mark the beginning of the last year of my 30s.

So far no calls of congratulations from either Robbie Williams or Anthony Keidis. It's early though. I still have hope. Stay tuned.

7 comments:

Julia said...

We spent hours thinking of what to get you. That's gratitude for you.

Julia said...

Happy Birthday gorgeous sister!

whittingtons said...

Happy Birthday, hope you are too busy opening the cavalcade of gifts to read this
Lots and lots of love
Marie and the boys (and Rodney)

Laurie Ruettimann said...

It's still your birthday in America, so happy Birthday. What a great day for a birthday, too!!

Hope your day is (was) wonderful.

Kath Lockett said...

Hope you had a great birthday, DKG!

Ms. Mamma said...

Happy Birthday DKG! True loves the Chili Peppers, then one day he started saying *uck and we had to take a break from them. I want to read that. Hope your day got better and remember, 40 is the 20!

Ms. Mamma said...

I mean, not that you're 40. It just gets better, that's all.