Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Last night dear sis J and I went to see Irish comedian Dylan Moran at the Enmore. We saw him about 11 months ago and he was really funny. This time around I felt he was a bit rusty and/or pissed. Not sure. He admitted to not having done a stand up show for 6 months and I think it showed. To be honest it is hard to tell because he does have a shambolic style of comedy delivery; you're never quite sure what he'll say next; whether each word will have any direct correlation with the one before or after it. It certainly keeps you on the edge of your seat. He also repeated his German routine which, luckily, is really bloody hilarious.

Not only did we enjoy some pretty good comedy but we started the evening with a quick stop in the band t-shirt shop up the road which provided me with a very cute Chili Peppers t-shirt, perfect for next month's concert. Bands should put out more shirts in "girl" styles, i.e. fitted t-shirts. I have a cupboard full of band/concert t-shirts which are fit for nothing more than wearing to bed or the gym. I have a curvy figure I generally like to show off, I have little interest in wearing a tent like garment, which is what most band t-shirts are.

Then we had a wonderful dinner at the little Italian restaurant across the road from the Enmore. Yummy garlic prawns to share (well they were J's but she said she was happy to share) for a starter, together with some gorgeous bruschetta with rich, ripe tomatoes. Then gnocchi for J and a superb dish of slowly oven baked rabbit in a mushroom sauce with crispy polenta for me - heaven! To finish a really lovely panna cotta to share and a very good de-caf cappucino.

It never ceases to amaze that after working together just about every day of the week my sis and I still enjoy each other's company on occasions like this. Though we do annoy the shit out of each at times, it's all in good fun and she really is my very best friend.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Oh! *weep*

But, I could never shit you, everything that comes out of my mouth is just right. So I'm not sure what you mean there.

I marvel that we always have a million things to talk about it - even as the lights go down I am whispering something to you - and to me it just reinforces our bond. Love you sweet sis!

Ms. Mamma said...

Geez! Everything about it sounds blissful You two are very lucky! I work with my brother, but I wouldn't describe it as being idyllic.