Monday, March 12, 2007



You'll recognise my little bumblebees on the left of this photo.

Notice the stunning blue water in the background.

Sunday morning was perfect, really wonderful. The best Sydney has to offer.

Our dear friends M and G had invited me and the kids (Big Jay had left early that morning for a four day golf junket to Coffs Harbour, he has a hard life) for a day out on their boat. I was a little anxious at being on a boat by myself with the kids but it sounded like an offer too good to refuse.

We took off from beautiful Bobbin Head, only 10 minutes drive away from home yet it could be another world. [I tried to write something here about our journey on the water but lacking any real boating terminology and suffering from a defecit of any descriptive language abilities I gave it up and decided to move on.]

Suffice to say we found a gorgeous little beach (Possum Beach, can it be any cuter?!) which was just perfect. The water was warm, clear and clean and the sand just right for tiny hands to dig large holes. We swam, played on the sand and enjoyed a little picnic. It was truly glorious.

Thank you, dear Sydney, for such a sweet and unexpected treat.

3 comments:

Julia said...

See, this is why I RAVE about the beach to you ALL THE TIME. It is a gift, especially as we are lucky enough to live in Sydney - make the most of it!

Ms. Mamma said...

I love that gorgeous old log they're parked on. Amazing! Sweet.

Sarah said...

wasn't Sunday just the most perfect day ever?

not too hot, not too humid, gentle breeze....just perfect.