Sunday, March 18, 2007

I know. I'm getting a tad obsessed. But really this is kind of fun...

From the latest issue of spiked:

Any shade of politics you like, so long as it’s green

"When humanity has been faced with great challenges in history, the solution has been to go forward, to apply human ingenuity and endeavour to overcoming problems by advancing society. There is no record of tackling future problems by going backwards or restraining development. Yet that is what is effectively proposed through the politics of global warming."

and furthermore:

Turning children green with fear

"If the aim of the politics of environmentalism is to scare people, then it has succeeded. Green writer George Monbiot declared in his book Heat that he wanted to ‘make people so depressed about the state of the planet that they stay in bed all day, thereby reducing their consumption of fossil fuels’. He may not succeed in keeping people in bed all day, but the panic that he and other environmentalists are helping to foster does seem to be keeping kids awake in their beds at night."

[This is exactly the sort of nonsense which makes my brain explode. Yes, we should all stay in bed all day thus reducing our consumption of fossil fuels. In the beds we pay for by....? In the homes we pay for by....? Feeding ourselves on food we pay for by....? These morons are full of bright ideas and bullshit suggestions but have they ever been introduced to the real fucking world? I suggest not. There is no model of society, which I am aware of, which provides everyone with a bed in a home at no expense and with no requirement for doing actual work of any kind.]

I'm going to go and take a red pill now, this crappola is no good for my blood pressure. I'm not as young as I used to be!

No comments: