Friday, May 08, 2009

I've become one of those mums. It's awful. I don't know how it's come to this.

I'm almost too mortified to actually write it down.

OK, here it goes. I forgot it was Mufti Day at Will's school yesterday and sent him in his uniform.

To be honest I didn't even know it was Mufti Day. They've stopped giving us a paper copy of the school newsletter (which is great - it was a terrible waste of resources) but the online edition isn't as easy to read and I've only glanced at it once (rather than re-reading the paper version a few times before surrundering it to the recycling bin). Obviously I missed the bit about the Mufti Day. DOH!

When Will started school I remember seeing the odd child wearing their uniform on Mufti Day and thinking: oh HOW could they?! those awful parents! Now I'm one of THEM. Oh, the shame.

Happily Will is an easy going kid. He didn't bat an eyelid. When I picked him up from school I couldn't apologise enough. He just said "oh, yeah" and got on with it. Something tells me if this horrible situation was to involve my dear daughter the fall out would be much, much bigger.

3 comments:

Kath Lockett said...

Hey, don't worry - we once got it wrong by a week so she was the only one in pink and purple.....

La Viajera Insaciable said...

Mufti Day! I had to look that one up! :) I'm glad that Will is so easy-going and that he doesn't let something like missing Mufti Day ruffle his feathers!

Jules said...

Oh

My

God

Hahahaha! Little angel! (pretty funny though!)