Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Another of life's little mysteries.

Most mornings as I drive along Victoria Road towards Gladesville to drop off Marianna at day care I see an odd sight. A little old lady, a tiny little thing about the same height and weight as Will, dressed in a billowy long little old skirt, cardigan and sneakers, is pushing a pushbike along the street. Her head is only slightly higher than the handlebars. She looks frail enough to be blown over by a strong gust of wind. Yet there she is, pushing this bike up Victoria Road, the morning peak hour traffic roaring past.

Who is she? Why is she pushing this bike? Where is she going?

Each time I see her these questions pop up and I want to stop my car and jump out to ask her. Of course Victoria Road in peak hour is not an ideal location for a quick chit chat so I keep driving.

1 comment:

Kath Lockett said...

Get Will to lean out and throw a paper plane note at her - she could be YOUR first mystery!