Thursday, August 06, 2009

This morning's news featured the touching story of the two American journalists freed from North Korea by hero of the day Bill Clinton.

The footage I saw included a press conference Laura Ling did upon arrival back in the US. She talked about her surprise at being taken to a mystery location by her captors, walking into a room and finding "... President [sic] Bill Clinton" there. I don't know about you, but I seriously thought the next thing she would say would be "... and he said "I'm here to get you out, but how about a quick BJ first?" ". Seriously, I would not have been surprised.

Old Bill strikes me as a guy who would not miss an opportunity to use a situation to his advantage and a quick BJ is never unwelcome. Look at the guy, he's just flown in and out of one of the main Axis of Evil countries, risking life and limb, and yet the leer is right there. You can't tell me he wouldn't have dropped his trousers right there and then, in that little room deep in the bowels of the North Korean stronghold, should the guards had stepped out for a moment.

1 comment:

La Viajera Insaciable said...

As always, your post made me chuckle. But after Bill made an appearance in MY CLASSROOM about a year and a half ago, and took the time to have his picture taken with message that MY DAUGHTER LAURA left for him, I MUST stick up for the guy! I mean c'mon! He would have at LEAST waited until they got on the plane back home, no?! :)