Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Bill's Reg Hollis cuts wrists after sacking

This is so sad. Really! It must be horrible when your work is your life. Sounds like he may be in need of my friend Kath's (otherwise known as Milly Moo) newly published book Work/Life Balance for Dummies.

Big Jay and I were fans of The Bill for many many years but in the last few we've stopped watching. It's just become a tedious soapie with more attention paid to the sex lives of the increasingly attractive cast than the crimes. I think we finally went off it when Cas was murdered by the serial killer. It just wasn't the same after that.

I do feel for poor old Jeff Stewart. He's given 23 years to a job which has unceramoniously discarded him at a time when getting a similar acting job may prove rather difficult. I mean HE IS Reg Hollis and the public wouldn't take kindly to him in a different role I would assume. And he's not likely to be stealing any work from Brad Pitt in the near future. So it's a future in children's pantomimes and community theatre for Jeff, I'm afraid.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Yea, it's very sad. Upstart marketing coke heads at the BBC just haven't got a clue...

Kath Lockett said...

Agree. I don't watch the Bill anymore since it's so-called 'revamp' but to do that to poor Reg is unforgivable.

Thanks for the book plug too!