Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I've never been brave enough to make real custard. It's always seemed like something a little too difficult. Not sure why I have suffered from this particular phobia, similar to my scone making phobia.

However, since Pavlova Roll is one of my staple desserts for entertaining (easy, delicious and popular with everyone) I always end up with spare egg yolks which I diligently put in the fridge with the aim of finding a recipe to use them in and then always end up throwing them away after a week at the back of the fridge.

So finally I found a custard recipe which seemed simple enough and I'm here to tell you that it's not only simple but it's the best custard I have ever tasted, even if I do say so myself.

As a community service announcement here 'tis: Traditional Vanilla Custard (for dummies... who like yummy custard).

PS As an added tip I recommend having a husband on hand who is happy(-ish) to stand there stirring constantly for 15 minues while you get on with more important things.

2 comments:

Ms. Mamma said...

DKG- That's quite a man to stir the custard! Happy New Year to you, too! May it bring much good health and fortune. XO

Jules said...

Custard is really easy and so delicious! And now you can do creme brulees and delicious custardy tarts as well, mmm...