Friday, January 25, 2008

Today is our 10th wedding anniversary. I'm home with the kids, Big Jay is in Melbourne.

Which isn't as sad as it sounds. We got tickets for the final four days of the Australian Open tennis and Jay went down yesterday for the semi-finals.

I'm flying down tomorrow morning after distributing the children to the various grandparents who are dumb, I mean kind, enough to look after them until Monday.

Jay gave me a gorgeous Pandora charm bracelet, which is exactly what I wanted. I've been coveting one for quite some time and dropped a fairly big hint when I got one for my sister as a combined bon voyage, birthday and Chrissie present before her recent departure. There are eight charms on it now (well some of them are what's called "spacers") the best being an angel and a heart with a key (corny, I know, but I do have a soft side underneath this cynical, brittle exterior).

I have scoured the Pandora website and sent Jay a wishlist for future reference - number one on the list being a too cute gold and diamond hand bag.

I wasn't that excited about the tennis (this trip being something special Jay has always wanted to do) but I am now that Jo-Wilfried Tsonga is in the final. I always love an underdog story. A David and Goliath-type battle. However, it looks like there is a possibility there will be two Davids and no Goliaths in the final as Federer has just lost the first set in his semi-final.

At this point I am most looking forward to dinner at Gingerboy tomorrow night and yum cha at Red Emperor on Sunday morning. It's always about food with me.

Update on Monday. Have a great Australia Day long weekend everybody.

PS I got Jay binoculars. Really expensive binoculars. It's what he wanted. I know, I know... nothing yells romance like binoculars.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Can't wait to hear all about it!