Sunday, January 20, 2008

Look... I know... you're all over it. But it is my blog so indulge me, please. I promise this obsession is nearing it's natural ending.

How about this for fabulous song writing. I love these lyrics:

Everybody knows that you love me baby
Everybody knows that you really do
Everybody knows that you've been faithful
Ah give or take a night or two
Everybody knows you've been discreet
But there were so many people you just had to meet
Without your clothes
And everybody knows

From "Everybody Knows".

And from my new favourite song off I'm Your Man, "The Future":

Give me back my broken night
my mirrored room, my secret life
it's lonely here,
there's no one left to torture

Give me absolute control
over every living soul
And lie beside me, baby,
that's an order!

Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
stuff it up the hole
in your culture

Give me back the Berlin wall
give me Stalin and St Paul
I've seen the future, brother:
it is murder.

Things are going to slide, slide in all directions
Won't be nothing
Nothing you can measure anymore
The blizzard, the blizzard of the world
has crossed the threshold
and it has overturned
the order of the soul

When they said REPENT REPENT
I wonder what they meant
When they said REPENT REPENT
I wonder what they meant
When they said REPENT REPENT
I wonder what they meant.

Sung by Teddy Thompson it is pure musical ecstasy.

(Have ordered TT's solo CDs from the US, since I love his voice so much I'm looking forward to hearing what he can do without Leonard Cohen's magical lyrics.)

No comments: